Popular Posts

Monday 1 June 2020

Atmosphere of growth


We planted the aubergine seeds at the same time as the courgette seeds. We’ve just transplanted and potted on the courgettes, which are growing before our eyes. The aubergines have sprouted. That’s about all there is to say about them.

We’ve never grown either before so aren’t sure when they might flower and fruit. (veg?) We have high hopes but the weather has to co-operate, too.

God’s Spirit is growing his fruit in my life. Some of it germinated quickly. I can occasionally be surprised to notice that I was more patient than I used to be, perhaps, or kinder. Other characteristics of God’s nature, which I long to have growing in my life, haven’t quite popped through yet, or if they have, they are certainly needing a lot of sunshine and nurture to do much growing. I could do with a bit quicker growth of the self-control fruit, I notice sometimes.

We are all different, and the soil of our lives feeds God’s fruits, which grow at different rates in each of us. May these trying times create a hothouse atmosphere in which we all be blessed with a spurt of faithfulness, with a boost of joy which others ‘catch’, with a generous dollop of peace and love, and with significant growth in all the other fruits of the Spirit. Happy Pentecost!

No comments:

Post a Comment