Popular Posts

Monday 22 June 2020

Indy

Indy, the quirky cat, loves sleeping in my prayer window. I had to encourage her onto my lap when I went in this morning. She lay there for awhile, purring contentedly, before jumping down, wandering off, and then returning, trying to squash in behind me. Pushing me off, really.

It worked. I stood for the final few minutes, so she could curl up in comfort, purring again.

There is a stillness in that window seat. There is peace. Not that Indy is bothered by Covid-19, Brexit, racism, electioneering, the economy, health issues, restrictions impacting relationships…but I am. And when I sit down, or stand, in that place of prayer, I sense the presence which brings the peace which passes all understanding.

Some people have a certain walk, a certain stone, a certain beach, a certain place, where they sense the presence of our loving heavenly Father. He can be found everywhere, but some places seem thinner than others for making that divine connection.

Be still and know that I am God. The Prince of peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment