Popular Posts

Friday 26 June 2020

Plans

In March, I had plans to fly to visit Mom, as I do every March. I had planned and made the appointments she needed. I had plans to take a road trip with Mhairi, to visit friends in Morro Bay, to help Mhairi pack for her move.

Covid-19 interrupted, and all those plans were dropped.

That was just the beginning. All the more routine plans were dropped. Meetings cancelled. Conferences. Church services. Social visits.

It’s like being snowed in, for months. There are no expectations, real or imagined, that I have to meet, because safety dictates everyone’s moves.

We make our plans as though we are in control of our lives. If Covid-19 has taught me anything, it is to hold lighter to my plans and expectations. God is in control.

God is in control, and he is a good, good God, who loves us enough to die for us. Whether I ever fulfil my plans or, indeed, begin to make new ones, he will be with me in it all. I have learned that he is faithful, the only one on whom we can really, truly, count, to be with us right to the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment