Popular Posts

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Beeps and Noise

I was getting quite proficient at Zoom, I thought. Until last week, when my mic only produced a series of clicks and beeps. We could see our church family but their voices came through as a blast of noise and our voices went out in the same irritating way.

The mic works fine on Skype, so I was advised to uninstall Zoom and then reinstall. Did that yesterday, but the same interfering noises are all the Zoom mic can transmit or pick up.

Fortunately, I can Zoom fine on my iPad. Just not on the laptop.

Despite my extolling the virtues of my prayer window, I wonder if sometimes our prayer platforms can become tired or over-familiar. I wonder if sometimes my prayers sound like a series of irritating beeps and clicks to God, maybe because I’ve settled into a routine and don’t have my heart and soul invested in it.

I think it’s probably helpful to uninstall the routine. To shake it up, try something new. Start with a time of praise music perhaps. Or a moment or two of meditation. Change the study guides I use.

I know that our heavenly Father is so loving and forgiving, that he listens even when all I’m doing is beeping and clicking. But I’d prefer to connect, heart to heart.

Behold, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment