Popular Posts

Thursday 23 July 2020

God Provides

Late afternoon yesterday, I went out into the garden to harvest what was ready. The weather was cold, more autumnal than summery, but it was dry.

I gathered a couple of punnets of spinach for the spinach/mushroom lasagna for dinner, brought in a lettuce to have salad with it. Pulled half a punnet of raspberries, same again of strawberries, and with Don’s help, half a punnet of cherries. Then I remembered to check the peas and sure enough, a punnet-full was ready.

I had collected more than we could eat for dinner. I’ve just enjoyed some of the berries on my cereal.

God provided manna for the children of Israel in the wilderness. He gave them just enough for each day. Last night, he provided more than enough for the three of us to eat in one meal. Even in a time of challenge and plague, God provides enough. He provides plenty.

Today, whatever I lack, I look to the Lord to provide. He will give me just what I need, whether it be compassion or wisdom, knowledge or strength, and on top of that he will pour love, joy, hope and peace.

God is my provider. He gives me everything I need. I am so grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment