Popular Posts

Tuesday 28 July 2020

In the Beginning, God

I am doing a twelve-week course called The Artist’s Way, which has been around for twenty-five years. It was written by a writer to share the techniques that she found to unblock her creativity, and I am finding it is helping me recover permission to ‘play’, to explore my creativity in many areas and primarily to connect with God as the creator of everything.

During this fourth week, we are not supposed to read anything. I am reading my Bible, but nothing else (except emails and messages). It’s an interesting challenge, designed to silence the ‘other’ voices so the inner voice is clearer.

I have found that lock-down has released me from commitments and that has given me space and time to explore and to focus on rewriting the book I wrote fifteen years ago.

Jesus came so that we could have life, and have it to the full. As I re-engage with creativity on many levels and in many forms, I feel stirring within me a sense of joy, a joy which has eluded me for some time.

In the beginning, God. I have gone back to the beginning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment