Popular Posts

Thursday 16 July 2020

Hammering on the gates

The woodpecker, beautiful in its red, white and black markings, battered at the tree trunk, his beak like a jack hammer. I watched him flit to the old wooden fence post and continue his ferocious assault as he sought his breakfast.

On the dirt beside him, a blackbird used the same technique in seeking out her breakfast of bugs and creepy crawlies. It looks a little less headache-inducing, but still involves a fair amount of energy and power.

I am so grateful that I can get my spiritual nourishment from our Lord without having to hammer at the gates of heaven. He invites us to come to the waters and drink. When we seek him, he is found. He is gentle, loving, responsive to the cries and the laughter of his children.

No hammering required. Just an open, loving heart and a receptive mind.

Once again, I start the day full of gratitude and grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment