Popular Posts

Monday 18 October 2021

Boundless Love

 

Abby bounded out of her house to greet me. She leapt and raced, tongue out poised to grab a juicy kiss. I turned this way and that to avoid being knocked over with her exuberant welcome. Abby is the three-year-old German shepherd owned by our neighbours.

Pure joy. She isn’t restrained by fears or apprehension; no guilty secrets hinder her welcome: she greets me with unbounded enthusiasm. She doesn’t ask anything of me; she’s just excited to see someone at her door.

No, not much of a guard dog, unless she were going to lick the intruder into submission.

Sitting in the prayer window later, I stilled myself and waited on God. I was quiet, restrained, respectful.

I wonder if he’d prefer me to bound into his presence, singing his praises and rejoicing in his blessings and love?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment