Popular Posts

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Burning Bush

 

I lift my eyes and gaze out of the prayer window at the familiar, but always changing, landscape. There, set against a backdrop of evergreen trees, blazes a burning bush, a tree in glorious autumnal foliage.

I think of Moses. The thing about Moses was that when he saw the burning bush, he didn’t just press on by. He paused. He wondered. How could a bush be burning and yet never consumed by the fire? He heard God’s voice speaking to him.

Yesterday I had yet more frustrations with my mother’s health insurance and one specific issue which has dragged on since last March. The calls are draining and the confusion is Kafkaesque. Having downloaded, filled in and signed, scanned in and emailed a form back, I now will follow that up later today when they wake up on the west coast of the USA. I was awake in the night, thinking about this issue.

When I saw my ‘burning bush’ this morning, I paused. I asked God to speak to me. ‘My peace I give unto you,’ he said immediately. I breathe his peace deep into my soul. I will not be distracted by worldly anxieties but will focus on him, in whom I put all my hope.

May you know his peace today, too. May we all learn to abide in his love.

No comments:

Post a Comment