Popular Posts

Tuesday 5 October 2021

Order, Order!

 

Everything in its place, and a place for everything.

That was one of the adages my mother used to say. She lived by it. I’d like to say it took root in me and my house reflects that. But I can’t. The mess in most rooms gives me away.

It does hold true, though, for the important things. Official letters; tickets; jewellery; passport: some things I take care to keep in places I will always remember. 

Yesterday, I had the fun of spending most of a day playing with Callan who, at five, shows an orderly mind which helps him to separate Lego into boxes of colour, for instance. I can learn a thing or two from my grandson.

God called the universe into being. He established order where there had been chaos. Scientific laws govern the movements of planets and stars, the turning of the earth, the rhythm of the tides. May I learn to establish an order in my life, an order which leads to peace.

(I wish I could just speak order into my chaos with the uttering of a word or two, but alas…)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment