Popular Posts

Tuesday 19 October 2021

The Falling Leaves

 

A large yellowing leaf from the Norwegian elm floats to the ground, landing on the green grass verge. Something with life fading fast, lying atop something still holding potential to grow more in the right conditions.

I’ll need to get out there with a rake, or the growth of the grass will be compromised.

God wants to reveal his life in me. Day by day, if I am open to God’s voice, he reveals traits in me which obscure his beauty. They need to drop off and float away. He can enable the releasing of them, but I have to do my part. I have to recognise it’s time to totally discard them in order that true life can be revealed and grow in my life.

It is hard to let go of habits and traits which have become ingrained in me, but I need to surrender to his love and mercy and invite him to reveal himself through me more clearly. May I rake up, gather and burn all those quick retorts, thunderous looks and critical thoughts which prevent God’s grace and mercy breaking through me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment