Popular Posts

Wednesday 9 March 2022

Eine Mishmash

 

The counter beside the kitchen table is strewn with a mishmash of papers. Some relate to my US taxes, which need doing. Some relate to my mother’s affairs – that’s an entire red binder. Some are Christmas cards we’ve pulled out of the basket; they await my writing to the senders to let them know we are thinking of and praying for them. Some relate to a couple of writing projects I have underway – one commissioned (so I know it will be printed), the other speculative. There are also boxes of Covid test kits, a Bible, photos of grandkids, a BBC CD course on French, music CDs and some chocolates.

Eine mishmash.

It reflects my scattered self. I am hearing the news. Too much news, but somehow I can’t stop listening. I am praying, full of hope, and then full of despair. I do a bit of this, and a bit of that, but to sit down and actually think through a writing project and get the thoughts onto the screen eludes me.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus. It is only as I focus on him that I can shakily say, it is well with me. It is well because we are not abandoned. It is well because when God banished us from Eden, Jesus came with us. It is well because he is with us and will never leave us.

Despite all the signs, I choose to look to God and whisper, It is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment