Popular Posts

Tuesday 1 March 2022

Lion or Lamb?

 

March 1. Here at the ‘hillock it is coming in like a lamb: a beautiful, sunny spring morning. Cold but without wind. A promise of things to come … although, the other side of that old wives’ tale proverb is that if it comes in like a lamb, it will go out like a lion. I hope not.

It isn’t coming in like a lamb in Ukraine this morning. Not as a lion either, but as a bear. Our hearts are heavy for the people involved. We pray for the Lamb to come in and stop the violence. We pray for the Prince of Peace to breathe peace and compassion in the hearts of all those intent on war. We pray protection on the people of Ukraine.

I have an image in my mind of the word processing package Pages on my iPad. When I want to edit one of the documents, there is something I press which starts everything jumping. Once the edit is complete, things resume stability. May the Lord of heaven and earth prevail today, and may he press the button which holds everything steady. And safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment