Popular Posts

Sunday 13 March 2022

Fully Connected

 

I’d asked for help connecting my laptop for the CSW Wilderness series we are starting on Tuesday night. There is a 5-minute video as part of the evening, and I wanted to be sure I could run it.

My friend tried to get the projector to find the signal. Nothing, no matter which adjustments he made. Never mind, I assured him. Let’s try the tv screen. Once more, though, the connection was incomplete. I leaned forward and pushed the plug in more fully. Presto! Connected!

Now I don’t know much about the workings of computers, but I have run into this little glitch a few times: the plug is not fully ‘home’, so the connection fails.

Many times, I slip into the prayer window, but I am not fully ‘home’ with God. My mind strays onto the to-do list, or an anxiety rears its ugly head. I don’t hear what God is saying, because I am not fully plugged in.

In the current situation in Ukraine, with climate change and climate justice issues, and with Covid cases once more rising, I need to be fully plugged into God 24/7, not just in the prayer window. On this Sabbath day in Lent, I ask God to help me to engage fully with him, so that my actions and words present the picture which God wants me to reflect to the world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment