Popular Posts

Friday 29 September 2023

Grey Skies and Rainbows

 


As I shed the heavy traffic in Glasgow and began to head north, the skies were a swirl of leaden grey clouds and blue swatches. Rounding a bend, I chuckled to see a full rainbow sprouting from one side of the motorway and arcing across it to a distant hill. This is just a beautiful sky picture: I was driving when I saw the rainbow, so couldn't capture it.

Is there any more beautiful sign of God’s promise of love and nurture, of empathy and compassion, of his presence in every detail of our lives?

Challenges will come, and they are, but ‘I’m gonna sing, in the middle of the storm’, and as I sing, the rainbows reassure me that there is power in praise, that Jesus can move mountains and that in him, the battle is won.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment