Popular Posts

Wednesday 27 September 2023

Recalculating

 At the roundabout, take the first exit, my gps instructed this morning as I drove Ava to nursery. 

But no, I said to Ava, usually I take the second exit. I followed my instinct rather than the gps. Which got us to the nursery, eventually, but only after spending some time sitting in stationary traffic.

Sometimes in life, I think I know the way. I’ve done this before, I think. This is the way I’ve done it. I ignore, or don’t even listen to, that still small voice which is whispering urgently to me…This is the way: walk in it. 

I end up at my destination, eventually. But perhaps I have gone through more hold ups and ordeals than God had chosen for me. He knows the better way.

May I be more thoughtful today before striking out in the old paths. May I remember to go to God in everything, so that I am not held up in detours and blockages and heavy situations. And so that I don’t miss out on the delights he might have in store for me on a new route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment