Popular Posts

Monday 4 September 2023

He rides shotgun

 

The stillness of a summer morning. Late summer morning. A light breeze barely brushes the plentiful orange rowan berries. Even the birds seem hushed by the beauty.

Before me lies a busy week, but for this moment, I rest in the peace of a green landscape bathed in the glow and glare of uninterrupted sunshine.

Come away with me, Jesus invites us. I will give you the rest you need. I will refresh and restore, renew and restart you. Come away with me and rest.

I hear of so many situations, so many reasons for anxiety and apprehension. Jesus walked through horrendous situations of threat and danger; he walked through them not just in peace but in power, not just in confidence but cheerfully.

For the joy set before him, Jesus could face the cross and see beyond it. I am so grateful that I am not facing any such testing situations as he did. And I am so grateful that whatever the day and week hold, Jesus is riding shotgun with me.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. May you, too, spend a moment to rest and be refreshed, to be encouraged and assured that whatever it is, wherever you are, Jesus is with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment