Popular Posts

Thursday 11 April 2024

In with a Mouse

 

A gorgeous spring afternoon drew me out to do some weeding. Cows plodded round the field nearby, when one started making a noise I’d not heard them make before. Sort of a growl. I imagine the farmer could interpret that sound.

Inside again, I left the back door open as I sewed doll clothes for two grandchildren’s birthdays. Suddenly I heard the cat make a noise. Though our elderly cat is usually inside sleeping, I knew instantly what that meow meant. Yes, there she was, proudly showing me the mouse she had just killed and brought inside. Yuk.

It made me think once again of the way our heavenly Father hears all of our cries and groans, and understands each one perfectly. Scripture says that when we don’t know what to pray, the Spirit intercedes for us in groans we don’t understand: but the Father does.

Many times, I don’t know what to pray. How grateful I am that the Spirit is ready to move in and pray what’s so deeply embedded in my heart and soul.

My prayers are powerful and effective. Maybe especially when I am groaning in the Spirit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment