Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 April 2024

Manna from Heaven

 


The cock pheasant and his harem visit daily. I noticed one of the hens balancing on the branch next to the peanut feeder. I’m not sure if she had eaten any of the nuts, but she was pretty big to be balanced on such a thin branch for so long.

Then he strutted into view and hopped up onto the pile of grass cuttings from last season. They’ve obviously found plenty of new life in that pile as a few of them have been feasting there the last few days – since the sun reappeared in our overly-grey skies.

The gorgeous male pheasant cast an ‘eagle-eye’ round the surrounding field. Yesterday I watched as he chased off a rival interloper. This morning peace reigned and no challenges appeared.

The hen feasted on peanuts, a rich treat perhaps. But perhaps just as rich, or even tastier, was what the cock found amongst the old grass cuttings.

May I be aware of all the sources of spiritual food which come my way this day, whether from the precious Scriptures or from the daily routines of my life. Through it all, God is speaking life to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment