Popular Posts

Friday 26 April 2024

Scanning

 

I’ve been scanning photos of Mom for a Power-point to have running at her 100th birthday party in August. I don’t have access to many pictures, since she still has them in her apartment in Torrance, but I have quite a few.

What I’ve noticed is that through the years, despite the changing hair colour and the wrinkles, Mom is recognisable by the same warm, gentle smile, and her bright blue eyes.

People look at the outer appearance, God said to Samuel, but ‘I look at the heart’. I see Mom’s heart of generosity and love in that wonderful smile and in those shining eyes. The eyes don’t see much any more, but they still shine with love and light up with recognition of a much-loved voice.

May my eyes focus on the revelations of the heart rather than the physical appearance of everyone I meet. May I never dismiss or judge another person by their looks or even by their actions. God knows their heart. May my eyes be more focused on him, than on anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment