Popular Posts

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Eyes Wide Open




Sporadically over the past few months, I’ve been searching for the musical mobile with dangling ducks which hung over our children’s cots when they were babies. I was sure I’d kept it and wanted it for our new granddaughter.

Couldn’t find it. Looked in all the probable places, then a few of the possible places, then gave up. 

Today as I looked for something else in the cupboard where I had always thought it was, I saw it, sitting neatly packed in a wee cardboard box.

It had always been there. I just hadn’t seen it.

God is always there. We just don’t always see him. 

Jesus tells a story or three which reveal that God has the kind of personality who never gives up. When someone or something is lost, he keeps hunting until the lost is found.

Be it a sheep, a coin, or a son (or daughter). 

That is so reassuring, because I know I for one have had my moments of wandering off. Unlike me with the musical mobile, though, God didn’t give up looking for me and then just happen to find me one day.

His search for me was deliberate and constant, and when he found me – or maybe more accurately when I recognised he was there for me – there was real jubilation in heaven and in my heart.

Thank goodness he never gave up.

No comments:

Post a Comment