Popular Posts

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Intimacy and Joy



I look out the window in my prayer alcove and see the grey mist draped like a curtain over the land, obscuring the landmarks and shrinking my world. This is not a day for vision but a day for detail, a day for small things. Don’t despise the day of small things, the Bible advises. 

A day for detail and intimacy. Intimacy with my environment, with my activities, with my Lord. This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. It is a decision rather than an emotion.

Without vision a people perish, we know, but the vision has to be accomplished in a thousand details.
How often I complain about a day like today! Shame on me. Without days like today, I might dream a million dreams and see thousands of possibilities but never actually accomplish anything. 

So, I will pay attention to the detail. Some of the detail which I enjoy. Some of the detail I just have to do. This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice. Not grit my teeth and get through it, but rejoice and be glad in it.

Thank you Lord, that I can do all things through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment