Popular Posts

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Solo Swan



The solo swan glided sedately across the harbour. Few fishing boats to avoid; lots of yachts in the marina but few out sailing this early in the season. I know what they say about ducks – looking serene but paddling frantically below the water line. This swan revealed no such feverish activity. 

A sense of serenity rose up within me. The assumptions which I have allowed to freeze exploration of possibilities seemed to shift ever so slightly. I began to think outside the box, to expand my horizons and let my imagination run. I felt as if my moorings had slipped, just a little.

Jesus came that we might have life, life in its fullest sense. I know it’s Mel Gibson who is most celebrated for his cry of freedom, but freedom is what Jesus gives us when we step into his grace. We so often nest into our comfort zone. It’s good to think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment