Popular Posts

Tuesday 23 March 2021

A little bug

 

Because a little bug went kerchoo! This children’s book has been read and re-read to our children and grandchildren, and is such a fun exposition of how one little thing can set in train a whole host of consequences. The butterfly effect.

This morning I am filled with gratitude and joy as I look back and remember. Some of my dearest friendships were formed during years when a certain professor in Aberdeen, Professor Torrance, inspired a following of theology students from the US to come and study for their PhD under him. For several years, we enjoyed the richness of the backwash from that wave of students, as several young families moved into Banchory and became part of our community for three or four years. Their children became friends with our children as they became friends of us.

Miles now separate us from these dear friends, but the love is still there. They enriched our lives and transformed our local church experience, challenging and breathing new life into our faith as they walked with us on the Christian journey.

My lock-down project has been to revise, yet again, the historical novel I wrote a few years back which tells the story of Onesimus, the runaway slave of Philemon. Now, as I begin to reach out to find an agent, I am so blessed to have friends from those Torrance days who are willing to endorse the book when (I say by faith) it is published.

My heart is full of gratitude and joy, and faith in the God who has counted the hairs on my head, who knows what each of us needs and who delights in orchestrating friendships which transcend distance and time. To him be all the glory and praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment