Popular Posts

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Trying to reconnect

Trying to reconnect.

These are words you don’t want to see when you open your email account. We’ve had several months of amazing, fast internet, working off a 4G mast. Last week, the company ‘upgraded’ the 4G mast, and now our internet is on again, off again, totally unreliable.

Trying to reconnect.

There is so much to manage right now, in most of our lives. There are times I feel overwhelmed, like I want to hunker down, pull the blanket up over my head and check out for awhile. Anyone else?

This morning, that thought led me to think of Jesus. Overwhelmed by crowds of folk needing help. People who were lost, and were hanging on his every word, counting on his healing touch. He took his friends and hopped into a boat and said, ‘Let’s get away by ourselves for awhile’. Let’s hunker down under a blanket and just BE. I can relate to that.

But when the boat landed on the far shore, the crowd was there waiting. They’d run round the edge of the lake to meet him on the other side. If I’d been Jesus, I might have told the disciples not to land the boat, but take off for a more remote spot altogether. But no. He landed and went back into the fray.

Trying to reconnect. Jesus managed to reconnect with his heavenly Father during that short boat ride. He managed to grab enough spiritual sustenance so that he had something to give the crowds that were thirsting for him.

Whatever this day holds, I am praying that I can have a steadier signal than my internet has, and I can walk in the ‘unforced rhythms of grace’, like Jesus did. Praying that for you, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment