Popular Posts

Tuesday 9 March 2021

Faithful Always- Semper Fidelis

 

A few moments of pause. I slip into the prayer window to share the seat with Indy. She welcomes me with a purr, which rattles her frame with warmth and a quiet joy. I have no agenda; my Bible notes are in the bedroom. I am just here. Just here to connect with God.

My eye is drawn to the old tennis ball, lurid green, which has sat for days on the grass verge beside the drive. And that draws my thoughts back to Dusty, such a delight, such a companion, so missed still, even six years after her death.

I smile as I think of her dropping that ball at my feet, at anyone’s feet, raising hopeful, pleading eyes as she settled into a starter’s position. Ready. Always ready.

So much joy that pooch brought. So much laughter. She didn’t have to do anything. She just had to be herself. We all loved her for the gentle, loving canine she was.

I drop my heart at the Saviour’s feet. My eyes search for his face; my ears strain for his voice; my voice begins to praise. My Jesus. My Saviour. Lord, there is none like you.

I don’t have to do anything today to earn his love. I just need to be all that he made me to be. Creative. Loving. Compassionate. Joyful. Trusting. With his help, I will try to manage that.



No comments:

Post a Comment