Popular Posts

Thursday 1 July 2021

Roofing Techniques

 

As Don’s listening post, I know more about septic tanks, soakaways, and the construction of roofs and doors than I really care to know. I know that it is wiser to have a roof overhang the gable ends of a house than for it to abut against those gable ends, because the latter has more potential for weak points allowing water ingress and interior damage.

Jesus yearned to gather his people under his wings like a mother hen gathers her chicks, but they wouldn’t be gathered. I’m thinking of him as a sort of roof over us all, a protection from weak points and the deterioration which can happen in relationships and situations due to stresses and strains of life itself. Without his covering, a slow leak or a sudden break can bring about inner rot which eats away at the core of who we are created to be.

May I lean in to Him today, fully covered by his love, impermeable to destructive incursions which can rob me of the fruits of the Spirit he wants me to have: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. May you, too, feel his strong hug drawing you close as you trust in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment