Popular Posts

Wednesday 14 July 2021

God is Good

 

Breakfast in the garden; the sun hot on my face; the breeze cool and light on my skin; the sound of busy bees, insects, and children moving all around me. God is good.

Much in the world draws our concern, our despair, our tears. Much in the world is beyond our power to change. It is not beyond the power of God.

So before the day sags into sharing a litany of the world’s transgressions, and our amazement at how heinous the crimes are, how heartless the people, I want to repeat, God is good. This is the world he created, the world he loves, the world he died to free from the power of sin and evil. I step out of its grip and into the hand of our loving, powerful God, and I declare that this is the day that he has made. It is a good day. He is a good God, and I look to him to bring justice to the marginalised and oppressed, to bring hope to those languishing in despair, and to bring joy to the most jaded of souls.

God is good, and his mercy lasts forever.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just dropping in to say thank you for your writing and reflections. I enjoy reading them and they are always a reminder of God's goodness in the midst of everyday life. I also enjoyed your recent notes in Day by Day with God. Be encouraged!

    ReplyDelete