Popular Posts

Friday 10 September 2021

Extra Time

 

Extra time. In a football match, (as I understand it), when the score is tied – or maybe it’s when they’re making up for injury time (I don’t understand it well, obviously) – they add on extra time at the end to try to achieve a resulting win.

It’s a defined period of time. I think 15 minutes. I imagine that concentrates the minds of the players  to go at it even more energetically, running as fast as they can, targeting the goal as well as they can.

This year, I turned three score and ten. In the Bible, that is the allotted time we have. Now I am in extra time.

I sense that same urgency that the players in a major match must feel. I hope I can use any wisdom I’ve somehow gathered through the years to be a more effective witness to the love of God, to bring hope to the despairing and joy to the despondent and faith to those who stumble in the dark, seeking the light.

It’s an exciting time to be alive. I am grateful for being granted extra time, for being healthy and enjoying many blessings. May I ‘play’ well during my allotted final period of time – which I do hope is longer than another 15 minutes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment