Popular Posts

Wednesday 15 September 2021

The Eyes Have It

 

The eyes have it! Blue, green, brown, grey, hazel, and all shades in between. Aren’t they one of the best bits of a human body?

Too much light, or long life, and cataracts can form, clouding vision. As years go by, the macula can degenerate and the damage is irreversible. A stroke can pinpoint the eye and steal vision. These are the three enemies I know of and mention: there are many ways vision can be diminished or taken away altogether, plunging a person into darkness.

The eye is the lamp of the body, Jesus said. If your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. Many whose physical eyes have failed have a clear inner vision which guides the rest of us home.

Lord, make my eyes clear today, both physically and spiritually, so that my life reflects you. May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, always glorify you, Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment