Popular Posts

Thursday 16 September 2021

Made for More

 

So I joined the first day of a 12-hour, 3-day webinar. Led by a Christian, she promised to teach the secrets of how to get your God-given vision published and out there. Monetised, actually. Taking what you believe to be a vision or calling from God and putting that into a formula which would yield six-figure incomes within weeks. Guaranteed.

I didn’t stay the course. Interesting, for sure, but also sad. Sad, as I read the comments on the chat line, where other participants encouraged one another to trust God to provide that four-figure sum that the woman charges to join the special group hand-picked to be moulded by her ideas.

Don’t think of yourself more highly than you ought, I just read. Thinking of some of the things said at this seminar, which often returned to a declaration that ‘I was made for more than this!’ by someone longing to step out of a tedious, low-paid job and into a lifestyle where the money dropped into the bank account while the person was off enjoying herself somewhere else.

I was made for more than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment