Popular Posts

Friday 3 September 2021

Spider Hammocks


 

Overnight drizzles led to spider hammocks in the gorse bushes this morning. I love the way the moisture picks out the intricate, lacy patterns woven by the spiders. The webs look inviting, but are of course deadly to those insects caught in them.

I wonder if the entrapment rate declines when the webs are revealed. Do flying insects notice and avoid the otherwise fairly invisible webs, when they are highlighted in droplets?

I made a decision about Mom’s physicians a few months ago, which I now regret. At the time, I was being encouraged to go for the change, and there were sensible reasons to do it. But as I explored the option, each step presented a challenge and my instinct was to walk away, and to keep the doctor she already had. But I went ahead and worked through and made the change.

Bam. Now we are caught in the web. It isn’t deadly (I hope) but it is presenting challenges in getting out of.

I should have followed by instincts, despite the apparent common sense of making the change.

Even though the Lord goes before and behind and within me, I can still miss is still small voice. Not that every instinct is God’s leading, but I think at least some of them are.

Be still and know that I am God, the psalmist wrote. God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. May we all hone the hearing of our inner ears, and recognise his voice today.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment