Popular Posts

Thursday 2 September 2021

Knotted Wood

 

It’s one of the decorating jobs that doesn’t require a perfectionist: painting over the knots on the new pine wood so that they don’t bleed through the paint after a few years. So there I was yesterday afternoon, wiping down the wood which Don has so carefully sanded, and painting over the knots.

The stuff works pretty well, but there are some spots in our house where, despite my best efforts, the tell-tale brown of a knot beneath is bleeding through.

I can stuff things down in my life; I can try to cover up my feelings or minimise the effect something has had on me. I can paint over the wound. Sometimes I can do that successfully. But sometimes, like the knotted wood, the hurt or the fear eventually bleeds through.

Only God can clear up the knots in my life. Only when I completely surrender them to him and wholly trust him to make me new, can I live in the freedom Jesus died to give us.

May trust in the promises of God outweigh any hesitation in me, so that my faith in his love releases me to be all that he made me to be. May the same be true for you, today and every day.

As Job eventually declared, ‘I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted.’ Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment