Popular Posts

Friday 3 February 2023

Make Him Smile

 

From his temple he heard my voice. (2 Sam 22:7)

Isn’t that amazing?

Billions of children of God in the world, and yet, from his temple he hears my voice. And yours. My cry came to his ears. I am so encouraged and relieved that the God of all the earth hears my cry.

I am challenged also. I am challenged that from his temple he heard my voice. Not just my cry, but my unkind words, my impatient retorts, my negative complaints. And maybe he winced. Maybe he frowned. Maybe he sighed. When he heard those things coming from my mouth, I am sure he didn’t smile.

Again, Lord, I offer you all that I am and ask you to transform my mind, rewire the synapses in my brain so that my default reactions are those set by the Maker, positive and affirming and loving, and not those derailed by the world and detoured into cul de sacs of gripes and groans.

I want you, Lord, to hear my voice singing. I want you to hear my voice offering encouragement and words of life. I want you to hear my voice singing your praises as I go about the work you have given me.

I want to make you smile.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment