Popular Posts

Monday 13 February 2023

Springtime

 

Does spring always come this early? Ukrainian friends asked us, admiring the flowering bulbs, the blue skies and the warmer temps. (Note I said warmer, not warm…)

Two years ago, we were knee deep in snow, building snowmen and throwing snowballs. No, it doesn’t.

I have never been one for routine. When I had my first proper job after uni, working 8.30-5.30 five days a week, I started work on a thriller book which I hoped would earn me a ticket out of the drudgery of that dreary schedule.

When I married Don, I knew life would not be routine. It hasn’t been…

I find myself staring at the songbirds hopping through the twigs of trees and bushes, singing and calling to one another, sensing that change is in the air, spring is on the way.

I am grateful for eyes to see, ears to hear, a nose to smell the changes. I am grateful for the security of the unchanging God on whom I can rest, in whom I can trust, through all the changes, welcome and not so welcome.

I pray for those in tough seasons, that they will be held and have hope for the changes to come. I pray for those in sweet seasons, that they will be held and have gratitude for the moments they are in.

Life can be a roller-coaster. Today we pray for a young Ukrainian friend who is turning 11. Last year he was home with his family and friends. Today he is in a new country, speaking a new language, with new people around him. May he be blessed and know the love of God for him today.

Spring may not always come this early. But it always comes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment