Popular Posts

Wednesday 8 February 2023

Wild winds

 

The wild wind whines and whistles through windows not quite completely sealed. Sunrise streaked vibrant and breath-taking. The sunsets recently have blazed neon and glorious just before the darkness comes.

New life struggles to stretch through the soil; spring bulbs are visible and the snow drops, gentle white with their delicate pattern of green, have bravely bloomed.

Delicate flowers battered by the fierce winds.

In this world we will have trouble, Jesus warned. In my lifetime, I’ve never been more aware of global trouble. Wars and rumours of wars. Earthquakes. Pestilence. But take heart, Jesus encourages. I have overcome the world.

Over and over again I write it because I am reminded of it myself: perspective. Focus. What’s happening in the world is but a moment in the light of the glory that is to come.

So, I breathe deeply of the peace of the Lord. I let those wild winds pass over and around but not through me. I am rooted and grounded in Christ, and in him I can be confident and assured that all is well, and all will be well.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment