Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 June 2023

And ...

 

Be still and…

I tried to slide across the and to land on the ‘know’, but the Lord wouldn’t let me. I stalled at ‘and’.

In my mind’s eye, I perceived a beautiful, benevolent brown eye gazing at me in love. The eye was fringed above with a thick canopy of blond eye lashes. Blond. It was incongruous with the deep brown iris. God is not limited to our understanding of what colours go together – dark eyes with dark hair, light eyes with blonds or reds. He is infinitely creative and in him all our myriad traits are beautiful.

I tried again to slip on to ‘know’. But again, I stuck at ‘and’.

The blond eyelashes lengthened and began to shimmer and sparkle. Beams of light provided protection for me. God’s eye is on me, and in that look of love is all the protection I ever need for anything and everything.

A look is so important, so communicative. May all my looks be benevolent and life-affirming, encouraging and filled with love. Forgive me, Father, when my ‘look could kill’ as my mother used to say to me when I was growing up. I pray that I might outgrow and abandon that terrible trait, as I bask in the look of love beaming from you this morning.

Be still and …

 

No comments:

Post a Comment