Popular Posts

Friday 2 June 2023

The Last Word

 

I drew open the curtains to reveal a flawless blue sky, with only the slightest breeze ruffling the spring leaves and blossom. Still I took a light jacket as I headed down the drive for my walk, but quickly abandoned it by the side of the road as the warmth of the sun penetrated, welcome and warm.

Ah.

There are times I enter the prayer window wearing a ‘jacket’. Shielding myself from what? Being fully known by the Lord? Being left in the cold, ignored by the Spirit? What is wrong with me?

Jesus invites us into the warmth of his loving embrace. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. As I enter his presence, I invite his Spirit to fully fill every part of me, so that I can live out of the goodness of God, so that, despite the darkness in the world, I can be a lampstand set on a hill. Whether by word or by being in the peace that passes understanding, may I bring encouragement and hope to those today who are frightened and wounded, huddled and hopeless.

Come, Lord Jesus, and fill me with your blessed Holy Spirit – pressed down and overflowing, slaking the thirst of those who see only a bleak and weary landscape today.

Thank you, Jesus, that you are the last Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment