Popular Posts

Monday 19 June 2023

In the Hurly Burly

 

Be still and know that I am God.

It is one thing to sit in the peace of my prayer window, withdrawn from the hurly-burly, and contemplate this verse. I had a rich week contemplating it, and feel I will be bathing in it for the rest of my life, still soaking in the wordless richness of it.

But, it really came into its own over the weekend, when serious technology issues arose to challenge all serenity and send me begging for God’s intervention. Immediately, this verse was in my head. Be still and know that I am God.

What a calming comfort to cling to when the boat starts to rock. Not as a child clutches a favourite teddy bear or blanket, but as an adult who recognises the truth of this verse.

Nothing surprises the great I Am. He looks with love and benevolence at us, his creation. He sees our struggles and is in them with us. However mundane or trivial they might be in the grand scheme of things, he understands that at this moment in time, to us, they are major.

Technology issues may or may not be fixed: we’ll know by Wednesday if our internet was stable enough for Mhairi to rely on. Her Plan B rests on the kindness and willingness of a sister and brother in Christ. The family of God at its best.

Whatever the outcome, even as things are in flux, I aim to be still and know that He is God.

How blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment