Popular Posts

Wednesday 28 June 2023

Flickering or Blazing

 

Don’t sit with your legs crossed, I was reminded by a cousin-in-law recently. It’s bad for your circulation.

Sitting in the prayer window this morning, those words came to mind as I prepared to spend a few minutes continuing to practice meditating on ‘Be still and know that I am God’. As I uncrossed my legs, it struck me that my posture with legs uncrossed was more open and receptive to God. I am someone who naturally worships with my body – not too wildly, as I am an introvert, but quietly raising my arms in worship, clapping, dancing as inconspicuously as possible! So, for me, body posture is important.

With the talk of Elton John having performed, possibly, his final public concert at Glastonbury this week, I’ve had ‘Candle in the Wind’ in my head. I often pray that the light of Jesus will shine through me today, and this morning I asked that that light would not be as fickle and frail as a candle in the wind, but rather the blazing flare beaming from a lighthouse.

To bear such a flare consistently, I need to be consistently open to receiving the love, the grace, the mercy and the power which the Spirit brings to those who ask. I ask that in all I do today, the powerful light of Jesus will shine into every situation of grey murk and darkness, into every wavering and breaking heart, into every frightened and unstable mind, and that Jesus’ light will enlighten, comfort and console all those I encounter. Shine, Jesus, shine!

Everyone who asks, receives, pressed down and flowing over. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment