Popular Posts

Thursday 10 May 2012

A Bit More Please


One Bit or Two?

While I was away, Don was in charge of feeding the B&B guest who has been with us for nearly a year now.
Plenty of time to get the breakfast order, which never varies, down pat.

However, our guest found his plate rather emptier than normal, as Don thought it was just one each of the bacon and sausage, instead of two. No doubt his health benefited from the reduction, but that is beside the point. 

I’d have thought that after all these months, he’d have felt free enough to have made a comment, but instead he just ate what he was given and probably went away wishing he’d had just a little bit more.

There was no shortage of bacon or sausages in the fridge or freezer. Don just didn’t remember that our guest wanted a bit more.

And our guest was too polite to ask.

I have just got back from a conference, listening to speakers who shared and encouraged and taught from the Bible. I readily consumed all that they gave us to feed on, and would have enjoyed a bit more from some of them. Manners didn’t come into it; time management dictated when the talks ended.

I wonder, though, how many times I have missed out on an extra morsel or two of nourishment for my soul because whoever was sharing with me thought I’d had all I wanted, when actually I craved just a little bit more, but I was too polite to ask.





No comments:

Post a Comment