Popular Posts

Friday 27 July 2012

Dancing Shoes


It’s a lovely summer morning here – could be a little warmer but hey, I’m not complaining. The sun brightens up any day.

Walking along with Dusty, I was prayerfully putting on the armour of God (Ephesians 6), and when I got to the ‘shoes of the readiness to share the gospel of peace’ I suddenly thought of dancing shoes.

Usually I think of Roman sandals. Big and protective, clumpy with studs underneath perhaps, useful in a fight. But today I thought of the joy of knowing God. And that made me think of dancing shoes. Little white pumps like our niece’s toddler wore for a wedding last week. Dainty and light and pretty.

Too often being a Christian seems to make people frown with concentration on how to do it. How to be good. How to help others. How not to criticise or gossip. But really, the essence of the gospel is joy. 

God loves us so much he wants us to live with him forever. He loves us as precious sons and daughters even when we mess up. He is a good God, in a good mood, with a smile on his face when he looks at us.

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom and love and laughter and life.

I’m putting on my dancing shoes today. No more clumpy work sandals for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment