Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 July 2012

One Blessing after Another


It’s so easy to moan. It’s a lousy summer here and that is enough to slide a cheerful mood into depression. 

But it is so shallow to allow myself to be influenced by something like the weather, which is beyond my control. 

This morning I read about Jesus, that from the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. How true that is. I am convicted that as I sit here in peace and quiet, able to eat or drink when I want, to speak to a friend or even drive to see one, or walk alone with the dog in the woods, I have a life overflowing with blessings. 

I am so aware that someone reading this might be struggling with health problems, marital discord, loneliness, unemployment, bereavement...the list goes on and on of dire situations common to the human condition at one time or another. But Scripture says we have all received one blessing after another. All. 

The old song, ‘count your many blessings’ comes to mind. I think I’ll do that.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment