Popular Posts

Sunday 29 July 2012

Set a Spell


Set a spell.

No, not something from Harry Potter. 

The American backwoods way of inviting someone to take a seat and have a chat. 

Today is Sunday, and we have tried to ‘set a spell’, doing yesterday’s Crossword together (not altogether successful, as usual), walking Dusty together through the Enchanted Woods and past the Haunted House, talking a little, watching the rain through the sunshine (rainbow somewhere, I reckon). 

Everyone needs time to do very little. I’m not advocating laziness, but many people, including us, just keep on working, doing, going, talking, checking emails, etc etc.

In fact, perhaps I shouldn’t be on my emails and blog today. It would probably do me a lot of good to fast from those particular addictions every Sunday.

So I’ll cut this short. Tomorrow is another day, full of work, but also including a birthday party for a 90-years-young friend. 

For now, I’m just going to go over to the couch and set a spell.

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment