Popular Posts

Thursday 12 July 2012

Pretending?


Mid-July. 

It feels more like mid-October. 

Never mind. We’re off to someone’s home for dinner and I’m dressing as if it is mid-July. That may mean cold feet.

I’m wearing a ring passed down to me from my mother-in-law’s estate, which I’ve had re-sized twice already but as I type, it is sliding round my finger, which would normally be a little fatter in a normal mid-July.
It seems the path of that pesky jet stream has sunk lower than it should be at this time of year. Some of us are flooding and cold; others are dry and baking.

Well. Life is what you make it. It’s not about what happens to you, but how you react to what happens to you.

So I am determined to handle this summer with a smile. We had a wonderful day out in St Andrews yesterday, and it didn’t rain during our outdoor explorations round the ruins. It was dry long enough today so that some of the lengthy grass got lopped off. 

It’s all about making the most of what we have.

Am I pretending? Or just altering my attitude? Hypocrite or positive thinker?

No comments:

Post a Comment