Popular Posts

Monday 22 September 2014

Bunches of Roses



Don gave me a big bunch of multi-coloured roses on Saturday. I’m not very good at floral art, so as usual have stuck the whole bunch into my biggest vase, where they look colourful and beautiful and remind me of his love.

I have lots of greenery in the garden, though, and was thinking that with a bit of time and a modicum of talent, I could fill two or three vases with greenery and intersperse the roses through the house.
B&B guests would enjoy the beauty of the roses, on the landing or in the dining room.

It made me think of Christians, bunching together on Sundays in our church services. We probably look colourful and maybe even beautiful and remind the world of the love of God. If the world is even watching, or aware of us.

Come Monday mornings and we are scattered to our work places and neighbourhoods. We are interspersed amongst the greenery of non-Christian settings, where we can bring beauty and colour as we live out the life of Jesus in our daily lives.

It’s easier to bunch together and join our voices in praise of God. More challenging to show the beauty of Christ in a secular setting. 

But exactly what the world needs. To see Jesus in us. To experience his peace, his joy, his beauty. So this week, I am going to be more aware than ever of maintaining my integrity as a believer in the midst of my daily routines.

Fed by the Word of God, and the prayer that unites me with Jesus by the power of the Spirit.
Think I’ll be a red rose. A sign of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment