Popular Posts

Thursday 25 September 2014

The miracle of new life



The miracle of new birth. We think of that especially in spring, not in autumn, but this morning I became a Gramma for the first time as one of our sons and daughter-in-law became parents to Felicity Catherine Le Morrison. 

Felicity is beautiful. She is perfect. Even the paediatrician examining her said that. Perfect. Felicity did nothing to be beautiful and perfect. She just received the gifts from the Father in heaven who loves and created her.

Before he created her in the womb, the Father knew Felicity. He knows the plans he has for her, plans for good and not for harm, plans to prosper her. He has prepared good things in advance for her to do while she is on this earth. She was born for such a time as this. She is created in the image of God.

Felicity can’t do anything for herself yet. She needs to be fed, washed, changed, loved, carried, cradled, sung to. But a year ago, Felicity was still a glimmer in her Father’s eye. And now she is here. 

I am so excited to see what God has in store for wee Felicity, loved so much by the Father that he sent his only, and much beloved, Son to die for her, as if she were the only person in the world. He didn’t die because she was independent, good, successful, beautiful, or anything else. He died because he loves her and wants to spend eternity with her. 

The miracle of new birth. I remember when I was born again – not the first time, but when I gave my heart and soul and mind and spirit to Jesus and invited his Holy Spirit to live in me. That was an amazing miracle which I didn’t deserve.

The miracle of life. Gratitude doesn’t seem enough, but that’s what I give to my Lord tonight. Heartfelt gratitude for the safe arrival of wee Felicity. Praise Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment