Popular Posts

Sunday 17 May 2015

Gifts

A wonderful day embracing the coast in another a bientot moment. Something magnetic about the beauty of the western ocean, sun sparkling on the little white horses and white expanses of sandy beach.
Love it as I do though, it isn't the beauty of the coast but the beauty of my two companions today which makes this a magical place for me. What a privilege and joy to spend hours with my 90 year old mother and my daughter, smelling the roses in the Sherman Gardens and sampling gelati in Laguna beach, where we saw the hotel Don and I spent our honeymoon night in. It looks like it could use a lick of paint, a bit dilapidated after thesee 40 years. But then one might say that about Don and me too.
No deep theology in today's observation. Just a heart full of love and huge gratitude to God for the gift of life, the gift of a loving family, the gift of Jesus.
Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment