Popular Posts

Saturday 2 May 2015

Jesus my Rock

Hibiscus flowers added to those from Trader Joe's, lovingly arranged and set out on the table by the dining room window. Where flowers have flourished for years.
Front door open, breeze wafting in on this hot day. Takes me back, more years than I will admit, to those precious growing up years when we often lay in front of the screen door just to cool off on a hot August night. Barbie dolls in the back bedroom. Learning to roller skate on the cement sidewalk while fighting off German measles. Wet Saturday afternoons curled in a chair reading a good novel as the rain pounded down.
More memories pop out at me as I gaze out at the very dry back garden, brown with the drought. Laughter, ping pong, croquet, a couple of dogs, loved ones now moved on.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Thank God he never changes. He is e rock in this maelstrom of life. He is the anchor. Praise him.

No comments:

Post a Comment