Popular Posts

Wednesday 3 February 2016

A Quieter World



What a delight to awaken to a quieter world, where the trees stand straight and tall and only the barest breath of wind ruffles the branches. Sometimes life blasts us. We bend in the strength of the onslaught and sometimes can’t make any headway at all. Our dreams grow distant and our plans appear unattainable.

That’s when we need to be rooted to the promises of God. We need to have enough of his promises in our larder that we can chew on them in those stormy times. ‘I know the plans I have for you, plans for good...’ ‘If anyone is in Christ she is a new creation.’ ‘I call you friend.’ ‘I will never leave you.’ ‘I can do all things through Christ.’ 

I see a lot of trees have been uprooted in the plantings round our place. Some have broken off but mainly the fallen have been uprooted, taking down a whole circular carpet of earth and a bed of roots – lots of roots, but shallow. Not getting a proper grip. Not planted deep enough to maintain stability in the fiercest onslaught.

Sitting in the stillness, remembering that God is God, sensing his presence, feeling his touch, experiencing his breath as he inspires me again with his Spirit...that’s the food and water my soul crave. May you take time today to be still and know that God is God. He loves you and me, truly, madly, deeply. The future is promising. It is all good. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment